With 18 years under my belt, I'm a guy whose experiences boast tales of failure, anger, and regret. Yet, by a stroke of unconditional grace, I have been redeemed and made an heir to a Kingdom that has never fallen and never will.

ENTJ | 3 Wing 4 | Pursuing a Bachelors in Biblical Studies

Friday, February 8, 2013

Vacancy

"He isn’t here! He is risen from the dead!" -Luke 24:6 

Do you think they had neon signs 2013 years ago? You know, like the ones outside of Steak 'n Shake or hotels?

I remember sitting in chemistry class 2 years ago. Always being good at math, I never really paid attention because all we did in this class was grasp concepts and plug in numbers. Eventually, we started doing stuff with the Periodic table and my interest was ignited (heh).

I remember learning about neon signs and why they burn the colors that they do...

I was betrayed, utterly and effortlessly betrayed. We learned that only the red "neon signs" were neon, the other colors were different noble gases. Such a shame, I guess they're not so noble.

The reason I ask such an odd question is because of the verse above. Jesus came to fulfill the prophecy that had been long-awaited and much anticipated. I mean, just read Isaiah 53. This guy was famous before he was even born. Again, sorry Brad Pitt.

After reading Luke 24:6, it seems it would only be appropriate that a large, red neon sign be put above Jesus' grave. Shining bright and in those fancy, attention-grabbing letters, it would read, "VACANCY".

Except this vacant hotel room was much different-- there are no ripped curtains, there is no stained carpet, there is no leaky faucet, and there is certainly no Jesus. Its cold, it's dark, and it's locked with a giant rock. Barbaric. This thought boggles my mind, but at least helps me get over my chemistry-class betrayal.

"VACANCY"

If Jesus was the occupant of this cold, dark hotel room, then sin was the owner, and death was the rent. Jesus paid it forward for his room, my room, and your room too.

I wonder if this place gets room service... Eggs Benedict sounds grand right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment