With 18 years under my belt, I'm a guy whose experiences boast tales of failure, anger, and regret. Yet, by a stroke of unconditional grace, I have been redeemed and made an heir to a Kingdom that has never fallen and never will.

ENTJ | 3 Wing 4 | Pursuing a Bachelors in Biblical Studies

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

A green frog love-story.

"Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." - John 8:32
  The sweat started to pool underneath my eyes, the saltiness burned. Beneath my feet, I could almost feel the blisters forming. Stride after stride, I kept running, as fast as I could.

I didn't know where I was going and truthfully, it didn't matter to me. I found a way to get away. So I kept running.

The blazing sun began to retire its efforts. Sweat was dripping off the tip of my nose, it was still hot. I'd rather be in the lion's den than the blazing furnace.

I continued to run with all that I had. I found a way to get away. A narrow yet long path was the mouth to a forest, a canopy from the still-setting sun. I went. Leaves of all colors surrounded me, yellows and greens and reds.

All sound became meaningless once I saw you standing there, right in front of me. You smiled, I ran the other way. Back through the canopy, through the yellows and greens and reds, through the mouth of the forest, I ran even faster.

Back from the way I came. The sound of rushing water. Approaching a lake, I saw the magnificent sun and it's reflection. Nature's mirror is forgiving. I had no reflection. I continued running.

I circled half way around the lake, energy beginning to deplete. I was surrounded, surrounded by wondrous colors of blue waters, green frogs, and plants with a golden finish. I stared, just for a moment, at the beauty that surrounded me, all while maintaining a steadily declining pace.

But the majesty became meaningless once I saw you standing there, right in front of me. You cried, I ran the other way. Back through the blue waters and the green frogs' homes and the plants with a golden finish, my soul started becoming more and more exhausted. But I kept running.

Back from the way I came, I saw a field of green. A field of freedom from all else, calling me like a loneshark, waiting for me. Per usual, under the same conditions. The wind began to pick up, blowing the green razorblades of grass back and forth, to and fro. I can relate.

And that's when I saw you. Why me? Couldn't you have just left me alone, just once? I was irate, my knee were weak, my heart was heavy. I was sick and tired of running away, so I decided to run through. Full pace, a sprint.

You smiled.

You cried.

And that's when it happened. I was only feet away, max velocity, when you bent down onto one knee and spread your arms open, welcoming me. I couldn't stop. I didn't want to. So I didn't.

You hugged me.

I smiled.

I cried.

"Welcome home."

We cried.

No comments:

Post a Comment