With 18 years under my belt, I'm a guy whose experiences boast tales of failure, anger, and regret. Yet, by a stroke of unconditional grace, I have been redeemed and made an heir to a Kingdom that has never fallen and never will.

ENTJ | 3 Wing 4 | Pursuing a Bachelors in Biblical Studies

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Fruit-punch, cherry Jell-o, red velvet cake

"Love costs everything." 

Love, poured out like water. It was crimson red. Thicker than any red I had seen before and it flowed much farther than anything I had seen before. To the ends of the earth, it covered the cracks, taped together the broken.

Every day, it poured out like water. Every day it was just as pure and perfect as the day before it and every day it was just as unending and infinite. Every single day.

I stood in awe, an awe that shook much deeper and was much more meaningful than any awe I had ever experienced before. This liquid love, as red as could be, flooded me. I was drowning in it-- but there was no point in calling out for help. Why would I call for help when I'm being held as safe as I've ever been and ever will be? This flood is warm; this flood is unending.

More red than the reddest of reds, more warm than the warmest of warms, more pure than the purest of pures-- how could something so red flood me, change me, wash me into something so clean, so pure, so snow-white?

No thing, no trial, no struggle will prevent this love from being poured out like water, just as it was the day before. No amount of money, no amount sadness, no amount of achievement, no amount of hate, none.

And for me? No thing, no trial, no struggle, no amount of money, no amount of sadness, no amount of achievement, no amount of hate, no amount of anything will prevent me from chasing this love. This love so red, so warm, so pure.

Struggles will arise, problems will stare me in the face, hate will affect me, people will betray me, I will fail.

But this love? It never fails.

This love-- I live for it. I would die for it. True love costs everything. That doesn't bother me, though, because without it I am nothing. Nobody can take from me what I lay down without regret.

Everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment