With 18 years under my belt, I'm a guy whose experiences boast tales of failure, anger, and regret. Yet, by a stroke of unconditional grace, I have been redeemed and made an heir to a Kingdom that has never fallen and never will.

ENTJ | 3 Wing 4 | Pursuing a Bachelors in Biblical Studies

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Eraser marks

"For we are God’s masterpiece." - Ephesians 2:10 

"I watched as you reached into your drawer of supplies. You pushed and pulled, scrambling up the contents. I could tell by the way you tossed things around exactly what you were looking for. Crayons, pens, pencils, paintbrushes, every last thing you could possibly create art with, but you pulled out an eraser.

This time, you weren't trying to create something, you were trying to change something: yourself.

You did your best to change every last thing about you. You changed your friends to your enemies, your compliments to your insults, your "definitely-nots" to your "definitelys"... You tried to change it all.

You left me heartbroken, crying over my own artwork.

With everything you had, you tried to change who you were. I don't know why, but you did. You tried and tried and tried, but it was left at that, you merely tried.

I loved you, adored you just the way I made you. I created you-- you were and still are my masterpiece, the one that I boast about, the one that will never be topped.

You called yourself horrid, unlovable, and worthless. You aren't the Creator, but you are the created, so be careful about how you talk about someone else's artwork, someone else's masterpiece.

You thought you saw through it all, that you saw what others didn't. You were wrong.

What you didn't see is that I didn't draw you in pencil, erasable, I drew you in pen, or even permanent marker. There was no way I could ever make a mistake, not on someone as important as you.

And I didn't."

No comments:

Post a Comment